Human Resources (HR) Coordinator
- Ámbito geográfico: Ucrania. Kiev
- Puesto: Human Resources (HR) Coordinator
- Fecha finalización: 31/07/2022
- Contacto: https://empleo.medicosdelmundo.org/jobs/human-resources-hr-coordinator-ukraine
MDM has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, but from the 24th of February 2022, the situation has been altered dramatically. In terms of health, the scope of needs has changed completely and geographically, the conflict line in the Donbas region has moved with new conflict areas appearing. These facts have created new areas of intervention and thematically, massive new health needs have emerged due to the open conflict.
The context is evolving and we need to constantly reassess the accesses and needs. At the moment, MdM is active in the following areas: the Donbas region, in the Eastern and central region (including Kharkiv, Butcha and Irpin) through its field office in Kiev and Dnipro and in the Western region through its field office in Chernivtsi.
MdM team is working in three main components with the aim of addressing the urgent health needs of the population, displaced and non-displaced, affected by the armed conflict in Ukraine:
Provision of emergency and non-emergency health items to health facilities
Provision of basic health services (including SRH and MHPSS) to non-displaced conflict affected population and IDPs.
Scaling up of the logistical capacity of the organization to ensure the delivery of humanitarian aid.
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator is responsible for the overall Human Resource Management for the Ukraine Mission, the main aim is to strengthen the Human Resource management in the Ukraine mission through developing/updating HR policies, procedures, and tools. S/he will train HR staff, and managers on the policies and tools at coordination and in the field. S/he will evaluate and advice on the staffing in the HR department.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
Human Resources (HR) Coordinator based in Kiev/Chernivtsi with regular visits to the field.
Reporting to the General Coordinator.
Development of HR Policies and tools
• Develop/update Human Resource policy/guideline for the Ukraine mission, which is in line with MdM HR policies, and in line with the legal, and administrative procedures of Ukrainian laws, including the labour law;
• Review the current payroll, suggest, and develop, a harmonized payroll for the mission
• Develop and implement after validation a payment procedure for volunteers, service contracts and daily workers, which minimises errors, and risks and ensures accountability;
• Review and adjust if needed the HR database management, with all important staff information;
• Review and adjust if needed the HR training data base in order to follow up all trainings received by staff;
• Develop a feedback mechanism for staff, including suggestion box.
• S/he supports the General Coordinator regarding the implementation of the updated MdM PSEA (protection against sexual exploitation and abuse) policy;
• Ensure the implementation of a reporting and complain mechanism related to PSEA;
• Train HR staff on presentation and implementation on PSEA policies;
• Ensure visibility within the offices on PSEA policies.
Human resources management
Administrative management of the national staff:
• Implements the HR policy regarding the context: keeps internal regulations and Conditions of Employment up to date, in respect with the local labour and tax law
• Supervise the update of the database for the monthly salary payment
• Ensures the application of MDM rules for the national staff (administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts, constitution of individual files, briefing of new employees, confidentiality of HR information …)
• Ensures that the general HR administration procedures are in place
• Coordinates and validates the recruitment processes of the national staff
• Is the warrant of the MdM wage and appraisal policies implementation
• Shares and compares with other NGOs conditions of employment and rules
• Leads the staff review process and update of the organigramme of the mission
Administrative management of the expatriate staff:
• Support drafting and/or revision of job profiles validated by the technical coordinator when necessary
• Ensures the application of local legislation concerning the expatriate personnel (visa).
• Participates in the definition of living rules and working conditions.
• Supervises the constitution of individual files.
• Makes arrival and departure briefings about the administrative and contractual aspects.
• Supervises the payment of monthly per-diem for expatriate when relevant.
• Follow-up administrative aspects for expatriate with HQ: modifying flight tickets, when necessary, etc.
• Recruits, supervises, and trains the administrative staff
• Provides regular evaluation to the team under his/her responsibility.
• Support the coordinators and the field staff for any administrative, HR issue
• Takes disciplinary measures when appropriate
• Provides trainings on HR management to the staff of the MdM mission to increase their level of knowledge and capacities in planning
• To support line managers in development of individual action plans for the staff under their responsibility
• Ensures that a training plan is created and implemented on the mission
• Regarding to the position of MDM in the country, establish all formalities that may be required by the local authorities regarding MdM staff, in a timely manner.
• Supervises the preparation of the various contracts related to MdM staff.
• Checks on the existence, monitoring and the archiving of all documents and contracts related to MdM staff.
Academic background: Master’s/ Bachelor degree Human Resources Management required, Training in Project Management is an asset
Other qualifications: Strong knowledge of project cycle management, international humanitarian Human resource policies and donor requirements.
Language requirements: Excellent written and spoken English, Ukrainian and/or Russian will be an asset.
Computer requirements: Office pack user level.
At least 5 years field experience in humanitarian projects. At least 3 years experience in positions with similar responsibility in fragile contexts, preferably in conflict environment.
Experience in a humanitarian context in the field of HR, Capacity building,
Previous experience with health programming.
Demonstrable leadership and team management skills.
Excellent writing and reporting skills
Ability to work in volatile environments and strict compliance with security protocols
• Excellent planning, management and coordination skills.
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
• Stress management.
• Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment.
• Cultural awareness and adaptability.
• Sensitive to gender issues and their inclusion in projects.
• Assertive and diplomatic.
• Good team work and networking skills.
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Médicos del Mundo.
• Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo.
As soon as possible
Médicos del Mundo’s Salary charts
Category: Group 4. Medical Coordinator