- Ámbito geográfico: Northeast Syria
- Puesto: Medical Coordinator
- Fecha finalización: 31/05/2022
- Contacto: 31/05/2022
Responsible for the design, development, supervision and improvement of the medical strategy and medical activities of MdM programs in the area. It ensures the quality of services supported by MdM. Represents the organization in all strategic thematic and coordination forums and ensures proper communication and coordination with key stakeholders.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in North-East Syria. Frequent travels to MdM base in Dohuk (KRG).
The successful candidate will be part of the coordination mission team and will report directly to the NES Coordinator. He/she will have direct technical link with Health Advisor in HQ.
– Technical supervision of national health staff
– Provide technical advice on recruitment of any health staff, local and expatriate.
– Ensure the proper management of the staff under his/ her supervision according to MdM vision, policies, and values.
– Identify priorities for capacity building trainings and facilitate internal trainings on-job trainings for the health teams and support staff.
– Holding technical meetings, briefings, and debriefings with the health team.
– Participating to the development of the general strategy on MdM activities with the General Coordinator.
– Participates in the development of concept notes and proposals for funding with a very quick turnaround time.
– Participates in the development of donor reports and other internal reports of the organization, such as the annual report, etc.
– Planning and implementation of the project activities.
– Ensure activities are implemented and carryout as a part of the global framework.
– Ensure and oversee quality of the activities in the programs. Analysis of medical data received weekly from Medical Supervisors and sharing with the mission and HQs.
– Ensure quality Medical Health Care and follow up of protocols according to internationally accepted MdM standards, including control of communicable diseases and rational use of antibiotics.
– Participate in health assessments if needed.
– Contributes with the Country Coordinator to review and or develop programme strategies and policy documents for the expansion of MdM mission.
– Works in coordination with the NES MHPSSCo to ensure that medical and MHPSS services are well integrated both at the coordination level and in the field.
– Represents Médicos del Mundo for all medical related issues and keeps in touch with officials in mission country, other NGOs, national and international organisations, donors, and civil authorities.
– Develops and maintains positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders in country.
– Coordinates health activities with other NGOs and partners in the same area of intervention.
– Communicating with donors and head office upon request by NES Coordinator.
– Participate and be part of the International Network.
– Participate in the Steering Group of the International Network when required.
Management of medical stock and logistic chain for medical purchase:
– Participate in collaboration with Logistics area of the medicine and medical supply order.
– Technical validation of medical purchases.
– Ensure the well management and store of the MDM Pharmacy in collaboration with Logistician.
– Medical Doctor University Degree or Registered Nurse.
– International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid Master.
– Public Health Studies
English C1. Arabic and/or Kurdish are an asset.
User level of Microsoft Office Excel and/or software for collect and data analysis.
– At least 3 years of field experience in similar positions.
– Previous experience in emergencies contexts.
– Previous experience in armed conflicts and/or Middle East region.
– Team coordination experience.
– Excellent organizational capacity.
– Excellent planning, management and coordination skills.
– Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing a diverse team of local employees.
– Stress management.
– Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment.
– Cultural awareness and adaptability.
– Good teamwork and networking skills.
– Strict compliance with the safety protocols stablished for the country and MdM mission.
– Alignment with principles and ethics of Médicos del Mundo.
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts.
Category: Group 4. Medical Coordinator
Starting date: Immediately.
R&R policy applicable.
Hazard allowance policy applicable.