- Ámbito geográfico: Ucrania
- Puesto: Security Coordinator
- Fecha finalización: 30/06/2022
- Contacto: https://empleo.medicosdelmundo.org/jobs/security-coordinator-ukraine
MDM has been presented in Ukraine since 2014. The security coordinator position will contribute to MDM Mission in Ukraine.
These days MDM provides support to people affected by armed conflict and those fleeing in search of safety. MDM main focus is to provide immediate humanitarian relief and to enhance first recovery of health systems.
Component 1 – Medical supplies: Ensured access and availability to fill urgent gaps of the essential medicines and medical supplies for target population of the most affected areas within the local health systems, with especial focused in the collective shelters for the Internal Displaced Persons and in the borders to persons crossing.
Component 2 – Logistics: Ensured safe and timely shipment of humanitarian cargoes from Europe to Ukraine and provide logistical support for delivering humanitarian aid within Ukraine
Component 3 – Health system support: Ensured access and availability of essential health care – MHPSS included, in the primary and secondary health care facilities in the most affected areas of Ukraine through direct health care services provision, with especial focused in the collective shelters for the Internal Displaced Persons and in the borders to persons crossing.
Component 4 – Health Systems Rehabilitation and PHIS information systems: Ensured rehabilitation/ early recovery / PHIS information systems considering local capacities, resources, and constraints.
Rapid change of situation in February 2022 during which whole Ukraine became affected by the conflict required significant scale-up emergency programs with logistics and supply chains that stretched to outside of Ukraine and are across the whole country, from west to the east.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The Security Coordinator is based in Kiev/Chernivtsi with regular visits to the field
Reporting to General Coordinator
• Support the General Coordinator, Logistic Coordinator and Field Coordinators in the overall management of security in the programme through the collection and dissemination of relevant security information.
• Provide regular, concise, and clear verbal and written security updates to General Coordinator and HQ Security focal points
• Managing security staff under his/her responsaiblity
• Ensure security information is stored in accessible electronic and paper systems.
• Participate, and represent MDM, in Ukraine based security information networks and other forums (INSO, CIMIC, HAT).
Advising and facilitating security management
• Update and ensure the existence of a functioning and updated security management documentations included in the Security Plan, including:
Context analysis (internal & external), including incident maps, stakeholder analysis, review of existing security management arrangements, risk analysis.
Scenario planning, including recommendations on appropriate interventions (programme objectives, scope, outputs, based on judgements about access and security risk), capacity needs for scenarios (training, resources, infrastructure) and evacuation.
Develop and adapt Standard Operational Procedures required for the Emergency Response evolution, such as Cross-Boarding, Shelter, Access and negotiation and communication procedures.
Security assessment of Supply Chain operations from logistic Hubs to final destinations.
Follow-up on delocalized staff and ensure security recommendations and assessments are shared with them prior to new delocalization’s decisions done by individuals.
• Monitor the security situation in all programme areas in Ukraine, in liaison with key internal and external sources; conduct/monitor daily security checks and provide analysis as necessary; make recommendations for appropriate action by coordination team.
• Security assessment of MDM facilities in new areas of operation (office, warehouse, logistic hubs)
• Develop a process for security and safety improvements and requirements and track timeframes for implementation, in line with available donor funds, and in coordination with the HQ Security Focal points, Logistic Coordinator and General Coordinator
• Provide timely and practical security information to General Coordinator and Logistic Coordinator in general which includes analysis and identifying of key security aspects, implications on access (present and future) and possible impacts on organizational programming and reputation.
• Undertake site/area assessments as well as security risk assessments and facilitate the implementation of corresponding mitigation measures.
• Support coordinators to implement agreed security procedures, ensuring that all staff are familiar with and adhere to the policy and procedures of MDM and are informed of changes in security levels or procedures.
• Review and make recommendations on procedures related to international and national staff movement in-country
• Support the General Coordinator and Logistic Coordinator to monitor the implementation of the Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), crisis plans, evacuation procedures, and security briefings, helping in their updating as instructed by the General Coordinator.
• Author monthly security reports with contextual evidence of changes in patterns and trends that may affect operations and disseminate to relevant people.
• Give effective and accurate security briefings for existing staff, all new staff and visitors
• Ensure all process and procedures related to administration, communication and transport are in place to facilitate good security management.
• Develop and facilitate good relations with key stakeholders such as INSO, among others
• Liaise with relevant security authorities in ensuring MDM fulfils security-related regulations such as obtaining necessary clearance letters.
• Analyse physical structures within base locations in relation to security procedures and implement, with the assistance of relevant staff, amendments to structures and procedures
• Collate yearly budget cost for submission to the General Coordinator to ensure all locations are as per MOSS standards
• Conduct quarterly site security assessments to ensure compliance of security standards
• Manage guard force if engaged internally or externally
• Any additional security-related duties as determined by the General Coordinator and HQ Security Focal Point
• Based on an assessment of training needs, to develop, support, facilitate and/or deliver security and safety training to all staff members
• On top of pre-existing training, deliver Safety and Security related training to ex-pat and national staff
• Update operational safety tools (e.g., standard operating procedures, site security plans, contingency plans) in accordance with MDM regional and global Management System and monitor staff compliance and report breach or trespass to HQ Security Focal Point and General Coordinator.
• Ensure program complies with Global Security Policies, Procedures and Security Standards and raises concerns to HQ Security Focal Points and General Coordinator.
• Respond where required to internal security incidents and implement respective response needs
• Act as part of the in-country Coordination Team and a key member of the Incident Management Team
Security and other trainings
Understanding or qualification of Investigation processes
Language requirements: English C1 and Russian/Ukrainian as an asset
Computer requirements: Medium user
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
• High level of maturity and flexibility
• English language skills and ability to write precise and detailed reports
• Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of stakeholder in a professional manner
• Proven ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external audiences including in complex and stressful circumstances.
• Ability to advise and support field staff in a consultative and positive manner.
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work with a wide variety of staff with different cultural background.
• Professional security qualification
• Proven continuing professional development within chosen skill set
• Health and Safety qualification
At least three years of experience in logistics and security positions
Experience and knowledge of the context and ability to analyse the changing security environment
– High organizational capacity and for adaptation to post-emergency situations.
– Proven capacity for team leadership and management.
– Self-motivation, and the capacity to work with limited or at times no supervision
– Ability to work remotely with limited management oversight and support
– Experience and acceptance of working in remote locations (with limited/no electricity, internet, etc)
– Able to work under pressure, deliver high-quality work within deadlines and meet team objectives
– 100% commitment to MDM’s mission, values and approach and the safety of staff and visitors
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts.
Category: Group 4. Medical Coordinator